What is Foodbytes?
- Foodbytesis an app WITH A HEART. It supports small food business owners to grow
- Unlike food delivery apps, it is designed specifically for part-time and full-time food sellers and their customers.
- Enables sellers to access a wider market, improve their products and grow their profits.
- Provides buyers convenience and access to critical information anytime: sellers, product variety, price comparison, location, deliver/pick up times, etc..
Why Join Foodbytes?
- Foodbytes connects small food business owners online to the mobile food marketplace
• Automated ordering and tracking system (no more missed orders).
• Real-time food order and delivery.
- Foodbytes offers business development services
• Advice on food packaging, presentation and taste, marketing, and product positioning
• Promotions and sales support
• Social media presence thru the app, website, FB, Instagram, and food vlogging (mid
- We are a registered Canadian company owned and managed by Canadian immigrants
How much do you charge for Foodbytes services?
- Registration to Foodbytes is Free.
- To sustain Foodbytes’ services, a service fee of 12.5% will be charged for each sale. However, Foodbytes will only charge services fees afer the first $500 CAD sales of the seller. As an APP WITH A HEART, Foodbytes wants our sellers to thrive first before charging service fees. The seller can consider it as a no-obligation trial period to appreciate the value of the app.
- The service fee covers the use of the app, store set up and maintenance, plus marketing advice, promotions, and support.
What are Foodbytes' payment methods? Does it incorporate sales taxes?
- Currently, payments are made directly by the buyer to the seller and not through the app. As
such, Foodbytes does not incorporate any sales taxes. Sellers are also NOT required to charge
HST until their annual sales reach CAD$30,000.
- The buyer can pay the seller directly in cash or e-transfer whichever is most convenient for
Can the sellers advertise/post their products in other platforms?
- Yes. Sellers can advertise and post their products in different platforms as they deem fit.
- The partnership by Foodbytes and our sellers is not exclusive.
Do sellers need a business registration to enroll in the app? Do sellers have to pay income tax?
- Business registration is not a requirement for sellers to sign-up; however, once the seller reaches a $30,000 annual sales, they will be advised to secure a business number with Service Ontario and start charging HST. Otherwise, they will be delisted from using the app.
Does Foodbytes offer delivery services?
- For now, Foodbytes does not have a delivery service platform, so the seller and the buyer will have to agree on the best mode of food order fulfillment at this time. Sellers can either deliver free-of-charge or at a minimal fee, which is a built-in feature in the app.
- Foodbytes plans to add this functionality in the app and engage with local delivery service partners in the near future to offer this service.
Some food sellers are home-based and only engage in food selling on a part-time basis, can they sign-up with Foodbytes and how will it work?
- Foodbytes supports home-based food business owners during Covid-19; they can sell through Foodbytes low-risk foods considered non-hazardous and do not require refrigeration, such as baked goods, pickles, preserves, chocolates, hard candies and brittles, fudge and toffees, granola, trail mix, nuts and seeds, and coffee beans and tea leaves. If they sell main dishes, they need to follow the Health Promotion and Protection Act regulations.
- Sellers can open or close their stores based on their availability.
- The app allows customers to place orders in advance. A chat feature allows them to communicate with sellers instantly.
Are sellers required to have food handling certificate?
- To comply with government’s regulations, Foodbytes requires all sellers to present a Food Handling Certificate within 45 days of enrolment.